BA Chemistry, Ph.D. Analytic and Inorganic Chemistry
Dr. Means has extensive experience in all areas of oilfield production management including production chemicals, remote monitoring, and system control in oil field (subsea and surface), refinery and chemical plants, and cooling and boiler feed systems. He has a special focus on optimization of overall system performance utilizing digital solutions for automation & monitoring techniques, with primary expertise in “Smart Well” and Intelligent Completions technologies. Dr. Means is an expert in creation and management of new technology-based businesses from incubation, through start up, funding, and expansion to world-wide operations
Dr. Means’ areas of expertise include:
- P&L responsibility, large and small companies
- Research & development management
- Digital Oilfield, Intelligent Fields SME
- Process analytical instrumentation SME
- Remote monitoring & automation SME
- Production chemicals SME (subject matter expert)
- Marketing strategy/vision development
- Intellectual property management & technical specification preparation
- Strategic business planning
- Performance management, staffing
Dr. Means is an inventor on 16 patents on oil field-related systems, processes. He has authored and presented 50+ papers in this field. His professional experience includes managerial and technical positions at Baker Hughes, Halliburton, Maxoil, Wellaware, and Water Vision, the latter of which he was a founding partner.
Dr. Means currently runs his own Technology consulting business, “M2 Technologies” and specializes in remote automation and control systems for oilfield production systems; specializing in new types of in-line sensors for feedback control.